Single stock futures (SSFs)—the trading of futures on individual stocks—is a new investment instrument in the United States, one that promises many new opportunities for investors. However, along with opportunity comes risk, and it is reasonable to ask whether investors and traders are ready to make effective use of SSFs:
· Do investors understand the SSF market?
· Do investors and traders know how to trade futures?
· Do futures traders understand how to trade stocks?
· Are stock traders prepared for the volatility of futures?
· Are futures traders prepared for the fundamentals that often affect stocks?
· Are stock traders sufficiently educated and skilled in technical analysis?
For the first time ever, leading stock and futures trading expert Jake Bernstein explains the ins and outs of SSFs, and tells stock and futures trading professionals as well as sophisticated individual investors how to move forward in the new world of trading futures on single stocks.
Bernstein offers an overview of the vital educational, procedural, and financial management issues regarding SSFs, including: